Old Clane

Mill

The building of one of the two Clane mills still stands on the Naas Road (seen here from the Clane side). A large gear is three-quarters buried at the NW gable, hidden behind the ivy. It was probably co-axial with the mill wheel. The mill building seen from the Naas side. A second mill is recorded on Taylor's map (1783) located across the Liffey, on the Naas side. However, Noble and Keenan's map (1752) shows a second mill on the Clane side of the river.

Home